Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy "sugar rush" Day!!

Our little boy is getting bossy. Nuf said. He was staying with his Gigi this past Friday afternoon when it was time for nap. Mom put him down and Mason would just not give it up and go to sleep. After 3-4 repromands, she decided to take the "spanking spoon" in the room with her. Here is the conversation:




Door opens...




Mason: I don't need that right there. (Refering to the spoon.)




Gigi: Well, you lay your head down on that pillow right there and go to sleep.




M: Well, YOU lay that spank'in spoon down on that bed right there.




Mom said she had to cover her face to keep from laughing. He did go to sleep though!




She bought Mason this cowboy hat...which he declares he must have while riding "Pinto" his horse. This picture is from tonight, Valentine's night, where he is wearing off some of the sugar rush from the giant, iced sugar cookie he ate after supper! I understand the sugar rush...but he never seems to crash like I do after a twelve pack of Dr. Pepper?


Parker T. came over for a visit Saturday. I don't know if he liked me, or was just sleepy, but he took a nap in my lap for a while. His daddy make fun of him, calling him "Fat Albert." I just think his daddy is scared because he knows that in about six weeks, Parker will out weigh him! Mr. Parker is a cutie though, we enjoyed the visit.

Sunday we went to the park again to swing. To our astonishment, Mason ran over to the swing...and about the time I though he was going to hit the swing with his stomach, flip over it, and eat it into the ground, he soared up into the air and swang back down with his belly laying on the swing's seat. Score one Mason. He learned a new trick and didn't tell mom or dad. Those sneeky daycare kids!

Well, it has been a busy week and we have a busy week coming up. Sunday will be Mason's first trip to Chuck E. Cheese. We will have the camera there in case the police need photo evidence.

Today being Valentine's day, just a quick though. I think the word "love" is thrown around too much these days. After all, it is the "action" verb used in John 3:16 that describes how much we are cared for, yet we use it to describe our favorite Mexican food or shoes or gadget. With that, I would say, use the word "love" with meaning. I love my family, I love my wife, I love my son, and more than all, I love my God for blessing me with them. Happy Valentine's day!


1 comment:

E @ Scottsville said...

Love the conversation with GiGi! Trust me, it only gets worse with age - it just loses that 'cuteness' value. =0)