Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mr. Bubbles

Mr. Bubbles here had a big night in the tub last week. We always forget about the bubble bath since we are man-ly and do man things like showers, scratch our bellies, and pee outside. Mama dumped in some bubble bath and Mason had a big time. We are spending a little more time in the bath tub since it is cooler outside. Who wants to take a long shower or bath when it's hot out?


Anyway, this is the only picture I have this week. Thursday we celebrated Amber's birthday and I wasn't far off on my estimate...she had her pizza and was in bed at 8:30, not 8:00. We went to Big D on Saturday with Gigi, Granddad, and Mason. We met up with aunt Jaime and played all day. We went ice skating at the Plaza of the Americas (much less crowded than the Galleria) and ate dinner at the Cheesecake Factory...our sole purpose for the trip. I think the birthday girl was pleased with her day as she fell asleep with crumbs and strawberry sauce on her mouth! Just kidding about the crumbs. Gigi used her camera while we were out of town, so I'll have to download her pictures and share.


Amber has been trying to make it to Thursday...the kids last day at school. She has to go Friday, but probably gets an early release. Mason is fired up about Santa and all the presents under the tree. Gigi tells him which ones are his and he points them all out to us each time we are there!


This is a funny story from tonight. It is long, so forgive me. Mason was playing in the living room with us and pretending he was a puppy. We went along for a while, but then decided it had gone on long enough. We asked where was our little boy, etc. Nothing. Well, I told Amber, "Guess we'll have to take back his Christmas gifts and call Santa and tell him not to bring Mason anything." This brought forth an argument, but from the puppy, not Mason. So I preceded to open my cell phone and talk to Santa (I have him on speed dial) and inform him of our loss of our little boy and the addition of a puppy. That's when it hit the fan. Mason started climbing in my lap, yelling at the phone that, "I'm pretending to be a puppy...PRETENDING!" So I cleared everything up with Santa and we got our little boy back. After a few minutes...the thinker that he is replied, "Even if I was a puppy, Santa brings the good puppies bones." Outsmarted again!

1 comment:

E @ Scottsville said...

Ahhhhh, I remember the 'puppy' and 'kitty' phases. Girls are kitties, boys are puppies! Too cute!

Just wait - the next one will go through it too. =0)

Sit BooBoo, Sit. Good dog!