Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Holidays

I know, I'm the worst blogging dad ever! Man have we been busy at Mason's house and have I been tired. Whew. I guess first of all, we should address Chirstmas.


We had a great Christmas. We spent Christmas eve with Amber's parents, sister and her family in Brownsboro. Then drove home in time to put Mason to bed so Santa could come and see him. I think Amber and I were more excited than he was. We recorded Chirstmas morning on video, so I don't have any stills of that. He saw the gifts that Santa brought...surveyed them...seemed to say, "Yup, that's what I asked for..." and proceded to say, "Mama, which presents under the tree are mine." Ha! Little toot! He loved all his prizes and had a blast opening and playing with them all.


I will have to say that one of the biggest hits was a "Lightning McQueen" cd player Gigi got for him. He goes into a daze when he puts those headphones on. Amber says it will be nice for when we travel...I just keep thinking of Warren off the movie "There's Something About Mary." Ha!

I don't know that the stainless steel strainers are a better look, but he at least talks and interacts with you with it on! Ha! These two look like they are trying to keep the aliens from scanning their brains! They would only get a bunch of tractor and "Cars" stuff from Mason...who knows what would come out of Granddad's brain?!

Well, I know I have been brief. We really have done a ton over the past two weeks. I will share the pictures and stories over the next few weeks. We did go on a cook-out at the deer lease Friday night. That's were we got this cute picture. We are so thankful and proud of our little guy...what joy he has brought us. As we go into the new year with great expectation and anticipation, the realism is that along with the good times, there will be tough times and dissapointment. As I was reading in the book of John several weeks ago, chapter 16, vs. 33 changed my perspective on several things. It is a "red" letter verse, and that is exciting 'cause Jesus was talkin'. In the second half of the verse, he says emphatically, "In this world you WILL (future tense) have trouble. But take heart! I have (past tense) overcome the world!" How much more assurance do we need than that?

1 comment:

E @ Scottsville said...

Merry Belated Christmas!
Happy Belated New Year!

Josh, I'm just glad you 'eventually' update this thing, so I won't complain about you being slow about it. Most dad's wouldn't at all, so you get brownie points just for doing it at all!!! =0)