Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bedtime...AAAGGGHHHH!!!!


All the sudden this week, Mason does not want to go to bed. He doesn't want to take a nap. Nothing...and I mean nothing can get through to him either. We've tried diciplinary actions, rewards, taking toys away, and others...nothing works. We are considering the no-nap option, but don't want to. UGH! I suppose one could see his stubborn streak from the picture above?
I guess he gets it from his mother! Haha!!!

Steven, Trisha, and Matthew Jones came over for a long overdue visit Saturday! We really enjoyed getting caught up. They are going to be our roomies when we go to the beach in a few weeks...we are so excited! I took several blurry pictures of the boys together...blurry because they were always moving when I was trying to take a picture! I did get this good one of Matt. He was about midway through his lecture on casting. He was making the point that Bill Dance does not flick his wrist correctly thus causing backlash, which leads to lost time while fishing. Very informative if I must say so myself!



Later Saturday evening, we went to Gigi and Granddad's for dinner. Mason had a heart to heart talk with a grasshopper. I don't know what they discussed, but Mason sure was listening.

Well, starting Monday, Amber and Mason will be back to school. Things will be back to normal around the house. No more dog days of summer. No more long naps and trips to the mall. Maybe the routine will make our little man tired in the evenings and want to go to bed!


Mason loves to cook...or pretend cook, so mama took a picture of us while we were "grilling" on the back porch. I know these times won't last forever, so I'm trying to stick as many of these good memories in the permanent memory bank as possible. Next time you are near Jacksonville, run on by the house for one of Mason's delicious hotdogs and hamburgers. You'll be glad you did!!!



1 comment:

E @ Scottsville said...

Awwwww, LOVE the grasshopper photo. TOOOO CUTE! =0)

Mason, save one of those hot dogs for me!!!