Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Slide + Lake = Fun!

As I sit here eating Rolo's and drinking sweet tea, I have been thinking back on the happenings of the week and long weekend. One thing glaring stands out. The guys got together Friday night to play some more Spades. As you recall from earlier posts, Kannon was my partner and was no good...he never fails to exceed my expectations. We have played several hands Fri. night and aren't doing so bad. On this particular hand, he has bid "low," regular "low." I think I bid five. We are trucking along with our low-5 bid when on the 8th time around, my fabulous partner decides to spade in. My fabulous partner is going low, mind you. He bid low, on his own accord, with six spades. SIX SPADES! Just wanted everyone to know what I was dealing with around here!


We went to the lake Saturday and Mason had a blast! I took his slide from the garage thinking he might, might slide off of it into the water...boy did I underestimate that. All he wanted to do was slide more. Sorry we didn't get any action pictures, but it took two people, one to catch and one to keep him from falling when running to the stairs on the slide, thus no one to take the action shot! (That was the longest run-on sentence ever) We slid and swam until he was about to turn into a popcicle, then had to get out. The water was warm enough, but the breeze when you kept getting in and out made it quite cool.

Parker had his pool right next to Mason's slide and had a blast also. He is a pretty good little guy, doesn't fuss unless he is hungry or tired. A lot more like his mama than daddy...lets just hope it stays that way! Ha!



Sunday we went to church, then went to mom and dad's to celebrate aunt Jaime's birthday! It is not until tomorrow, Wednesday, but we partied all the same! Mason and I picked a card that said "For your birthday I thought you would like to see a cute guy with his shirt off." Then you opened it up and there was a naked baby. Sooooo, when Mason and I came home from Wal-Mart, he posed for a manly muscle shot....




.....what do you think? Future Mr. America? At any rate, we cut it out and pasted it inside aunt Jaime's card for a big smile and laugh when she opened it. She didn't want any gifts, just sweet moola for her trip to Ireland later in the summer. Al, you will have to give her some tips on where to go. I'm not a big fan of "no gifts," so I bought her a t-shirt with all the Sesame Street gang on it and it read, "I Was Raised In The Street." I got a kick out of it, even if she never wears it! With all that said, muscles and all,


HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAIME!!!!




Finally, Monday we went to the playground and played for over an hour and a half...the weather was great. Came home and washed the cars. This was Mason's first time to wash the car with daddy. He had washed the car with grandddad and had so much fun that I figured we would try it here at home. He was so funny. He said, "Mama..dis is reawy, reawy durty." So funny coming from him and not me! Ha! We had a great weekend together. Mama has been a little under the weather with allergies for the last couple of days if you wonder why she wasn't mentioned more. We tried to stay out of the house and let her rest lots. We want her to get back to abnormal soon!

Finally, we want to say Happy Birthday to Gabriel Arce!!! He was born to Lori and William Arce on May 24. I am awaiting a picture and will share when I get it, but wanted to say congratulations all the same!!!

1 comment:

E @ Scottsville said...

Hey, we were on the water this weekend too, Mason! I'm glad you had a fun weekend with your mommy and daddy. Love those muscles! They're reawy, reawy big!!