Thursday, March 6, 2008

Stink'in Flu

I apologize for being gone so long. Weekend before last, as I previously posted, Amber was sick with a "stomach bug." We will never believe anything mama/wife says again! A week ago today, I contracted that "stomach bug" that MOST PEOPLE call the FLU! Five full days I lay in bed, no contact with the outside, no munchkin love, nothing. Finally, yesterday I feel back to normal, and our little guy comes home from daycare with the same thing. Amber took him to the doctor today and confirmed it. He has had his flu shot, so maybe he can skate through his sickness without hitting all the potholes like dad did!



If you look through the slit in the bag, you can guess who is in there. NOOOO, not Amber. If you have a little one and want to laugh a bit, just get out some luggage and throw it in the floor...just be ready to play hide and seek...ALOT!


This was in our bedroom where Amber had unpacked from the weekend. Mason would run to our bathroom door, where his mama was and close the door...then run to the suitcase and jump in saying (listen to this) "I need some privacy." I was just standing in the corner laughing. He didn't seem to mind me there, but needed some privacy from mama! Ha! He has also started saying that if we are in the bathroom going potty and she can see us from the kitchen, he says, "Daddy could you shut the door, I need some privacy." Where does he get this stuff?



This past weekend, while daddy was about to push up daisys due to the "stomach bug" (i'm still bitter), mama and Mason went to Aunt Erin's to play with Ava and Gramps! Mason had a big time. He loves going on a Mule ride and seeing all the cows.

Here is Gramps and Mason just say'in "Hay." He sure did have fun playing outside and looking/climbing on all of Uncle Greg's tractors and implements. He always has fun with Gramps. I was sad I didn't get to go visit and play.
Well, I have about exhausted all my knowledge and I am out of cough drops here at the computer. Lesson of the week: If your significant other complains of the "stomach bug," lock them in a hepa filtrated room and slide food and meds through a slit in the door! You don't want it!









1 comment:

E @ Scottsville said...

Sorry you're sick, Josh. How dare Amber share that with you!! Two of my kiddos have it right now, so my time's a commin'. Joy!

Glad to get to see Erin's little girl - and I think I saw a slight portion of Erin in that photo too. Am I right? =0)

Get well soon!