Sunday, June 21, 2009

Anslee Kate

If you want the whole story, you'll have to call or come by for a visit...Blogger said it was too much information for the data base. Sorry! I'll give you the abbreviated version.
This is Anslee Kate, born June 15th, 7lbs. 4oz., 20" long. She has been a really good baby so far. She eats well, sleeps lots and isn't too fussy. She has had to sleep on the light blanket due to Jaundice, but should be cleared of that tomorrow.


She loves her bubba and he loves her. I think she ranked three kisses and hugs before Mason and I went to church today! We promised him he could be the very first one to see her after she was born. He was so very nervous as I went to the waiting room to get him. He is such a big boy and has such a grasp of what's going on...we are so proud of him.

We were allowed to come home Tuesday morning around 9:30am. Amber had a smashing headache and I was just plain ole' tired. Turned out, Amber's headache was a spinal headache. I took her back to the hospital just today to get a blood patch and she is feeling much better tonight. I wish that on no one...it's hard enough the first week at home with an infant...exponentially harder with a migraine-like headache. We are all good now!!!

Sorry I don't have more pics. My sister was there with her camera and took lots so I wasn't so concerned with clicking pictures. Thank you all for your prayers, phone calls, and text messages. They have each been an encouragement and energy boost! I think we will still call this blog "Mason's House." We just have an additional occupant now!!!

2 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

OH CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I'm so excited for you guys. I'm happy to know she's home and healthy and doing well!

She's beautiful!

Alison said...

What a beauty! We aren't surprised! Congratulations! Amber, I am soooo sorry you had a spinal headache, I have heard that is just awful. Glad you feel better. We are so happy for you!