Monday, October 15, 2007

Camping, football and everything Fall



Well, get this, we took our big guy camping Friday night for the first time. He had a blast. We went to Tyler State Park with his uncle Greg and aunt Liz. All the boy could talk about was "pitch tent...pitch tent." Needless to say, he has a book that is entitled "Me and My Dad," which talks about a boy and his dad camping. We pitched the tent and then set up the pack-n-play inside...what a sight...which brings me to my point. Tent, sleeping bags, pillows, food, clothes, blankets, pack-n-play, toys and...no camera. Yeah, yeah...I don't want to hear it. He had enough fun we will go back soon and take the camera...probably will forget the tent, but who can remember everything?


All you Longhorn alum don't get too fired up about Mason in this tee. I just couldn't find a "My First Baylor Tee" at the local Academy. It is hard to find good cheap tee shirts for the boy...this one was on sale for $2.00.


Aunt Jaime was home for the weekend. She has purchased a new silver Jeep and is flaunting it to everyone else who wishes they had a jeep to cruise around in. I am happy for her. She was also home for her ten year reunion. That really makes her old...that really makes me three years older than her old...ugh.


Sunday, we went to church, watched the Cowboys and then took our usual trek down to the Jacksonville Indian football practice field. Mason loves having 100+yards of burmuda grass to run around on. His favorite things to do are climb on the tackling dummies (rectangles, as he calls them) and blocking pads (trapazoids)...then when he has conquored all the foam shapes laying around, we throw the football and soccer ball and he commences to driving his dump truck around collecting them in the bed. Dad always get a good laugh...and shoulder work out.

We are going to see Thomas the Train this Saturday at the Rusk State Railroad. I don't have to tell you how excited he is about that. I'm sure you will all get to see a picture of him with Thomas next week!
Sorry, I had more pictures to add, but my computer locked up.




2 comments:

Alison said...

Josh wants to know if he can borrow that TShirt?

jamas said...

Abslolutely!